Choosing a Kayak Tour in Ketchikan
All of our tours depart from our floating headquarters right next to the cruise ship dock in Ketchikan and all tours include small groups, friendly guides, quality equipment and meeting at the Ketchikan Visitors Bureau on the cruise ship dock. No bus or van rides are needed for any of our tours and when you return you'll be in the heart of downtown Ketchikan just a few minutes walk from the cruise ship dock, historic district, shops and restaurants. We have kayak tours to suit all abilities, interests and budgets, here's some information to help you choose the best tour for your day in Ketchikan.
Price: $93 Adults/$63 Children (6 - 15 yrs)
Ketchikan Kayaking is not just a paddle around town! We cross the Tongass Narrows to Pennock Island and Snow's Cove as well as exploring the Ketchikan Creek when tide allows. During July, August and September the salmon and seals in the Ketchikan Creek are a highlight of the tour.
Our original kayaking adventure is a great experience for:
- First time kayakers.
- Travelers with limited time in Ketchikan.
- Travelers on a budget - with only 10 guests per group it is one of the best value tours in Ketchikan.
- Families with younger children. You know your kids best: the 3 hour Orca Cove tour is a little too long for some 6 - 8 year olds.
- Guests in wheelchairs (please let us know so that we can set up the acessible dock.)
- Multi-generational family groups (this is a great fun way to get the whole family out on the water.)
- Groups of more than 12 (we can accommodate up to 18 per departure.)
Price: $159 Adults/$129 Children (6 - 15 yrs)
Orcas Cove is the best tour for people seeking a wilderness experience with good opportunities to see wildlife. We cannot, of course, ever predict when we will see marine mammals, but spending almost the full four hour tour time on the water both in our transport boats and kayaks gives us excellent chances to see wildlife. The Orcas Cove includes 1.5 - 1.75 hours of relaxed paddling time, the rest of the tour time is boat transportation, outfitting and a smoked salmon snack on board our mother-ship. We recommend the Orcas Cove tour for:
- Experienced and first time kayakers who want to get out of town and enjoy the wilderness.
- People with an interest in nature, wildlife and photography (we provide dry-bags for cameras.)
- Families with children age 8 and up. You know your kids best: the 3 hour tour time can be too much for some 6 - 8 year olds.
- Family reunions or groups (up to 12 can be accommodated on our group tours.)
Price: $219 Adults/$189 Children (8 - 15)
The Orca's Cove Boat, Kayak and Hike was created for experienced kayakers or physically fit and active travelers seeking a unique and challenging wilderness experience. We begin this tour from Orcas Cove and sea kayak in the same area as the Orcas Cove tour, but we aim to cover more distance in our kayaks on this tour and we also spend some time exploring the Black Mountain Trail on foot. We outfit all participants in boots as we exit the kayaks in ankle deep water and must traverse a slippery and rocky shoreline. The hike is short but it is steep in places and the terrain is often muddy and slippery. We'll provide snacks on the trail, bottled water, and a post-hike smoked salmon picnic and hot cocoa on on board our mother-ship, the Sea Spree.
We recommend this tour for:
- Experienced kayakers or fit and adventurous novice kayakers.
- Independent travelers visiting Ketchikan not on a cruise ship.
- Adventurous travelers looking to get out of town and spend a day in the wilderness.
- Families with children age 10 and up.