Top Five Reasons to Choose Southeast Sea Kayaks
We understand that vacation time is precious and it can be difficult to choose from the many tour options throughout Alaska. Here are the top 5 reasons to make a kayaking tour with Southeast Sea Kayaks in Ketchikan part of your Alaska vacation.
1. Small GroupsDuring the summer there are up to 10,000 visitors to Ketchikan per day but there will only be 6 on your kayaking trip. If you have a larger group, we will be delighted to run a private trip for you. Check Availability. Our tours are not sold on board cruise ships because we prefer to cater to small groups. Being independent doesn't mean we won't get you back on time: our tours run on time and we have an impeccable safety record.
2. Kayaking is A Unique Way to Experience AlaskaAlaska's Inside Passage is ideal for sea kayaking because it offers protected waters and thousands of miles of fascinating coastline. Paddling a sea kayak allows visitors to slow down and enjoy the wilderness and wildlife without engine noise or crowds.
3. Buy LocalGreg Thomas started Southeast Sea Kayaks 20 years ago and he still owns the company today. We live year round in Ketchikan and are closely involved in our community. When you kayak with us you support free and low cost kayaking programs for Alaskan youth and organizations such as Big Brothers Big Sisters, Distinguished Young Women and Southeast Alaska Independent Living. Whether you are from Australia or Alabama, when you are in Ketchikan, we are your local kayak company.
4. Designed for Beginners, Enjoyed by ExpertsNever been kayaking? Not a problem. In fact, many or our guests have never kayaked before. We are experts at creating fun, safe and enjoyable kayaking experiences for people of all ages and abilities. Expert kayakers will also enjoy the extraordinary experience of kayaking in Southeast Alaska and because our groups are so small, we can tailor each tour to suit the group.
5. We are Passionate About What We DoWe love Alaska and we love to kayak. Everyone at Southeast Sea Kayaks has their own "Alaska story" and we are passionate about creating unique and memorable Alaskan experiences for every one of our guests